Field Trips – Academic and Co-Curricular
- Teachers are permitted to attend only one field trip per semester.
- Teachers intending to conduct a field trip must complete a Field Trip Packet available on the school website under the “Faculty” link. There is a separate packet for overnight trips. N.B. – Chaperones for an overnight trip must be at least 21 years of age, fingerprinted and Virtus trained.
- Because of insurance requirements, all persons going on any field trip or overnight trip (except chaperones) must be registered students at Holy Cross Academy.
- Requests for academic field trips must first be submitted to the Department Chairperson. Requests for co-curricular trips must be submitted to the Director of Activities.
- Academic field trips must be made educational and pertain to the subject matter as discussed with the Department Chairperson. Final approval for academic field trips can only be granted by the Associate Principal for Curriculum and Instructional Development. Final approval for co-curricular field trips can only be granted by the Director of Activities. Please do not schedule academic or co-curricular trips without receiving a final approval from your Department Chair or the Director of Activities.
- Field trips must be within reasonable traveling distance from the school. Special requests for overnight trips will be granted by the Principal after discussion with the Director of Activities. This includes athletic overnight trips which also will require the Athletic Director’s approval.
- The teacher is responsible for obtaining the Parents’ Permission Form for each student who plans to go on the field/class trip.
- The teacher is responsible for submitting a list of all the names of students who will go on the trip to the Director of Activities. This list must be e-mailed to the Director of Activities and the Attendance Recorder (Michelle Chiosso) at least three days in advance. On the morning of the field trip, the list must be updated and handed to the Director of Activities and the Attendance Recorder.
- It is the teacher’s responsibility to see to it that the student bears the expense of the field trip. No discount of any nature may be given without the acknowledgement of the Principal.
- Field trips may not be scheduled during semester exam week or in the months of May and June.
- Teachers must fill out an Absence Notification Form for the Associate Principal for Business Administration and green substitution cards for the Associate Principal for Curriculum and Instructional Development when the field trip is approved.
- Students never choose or vote on chaperones. All faculty will be given equal opportunity to serve as a chaperone on class trips or field trips. This will be monitored by the Director of Activities and Associate Principal for Curriculum and Instructional Development. Chaperones other than faculty members must be approved by the Principal.
Click below for a complete booklet for one-day field trips. Attached files are individual pages from the booklet for your convenience.
Click below for complete booklet for Overnight Field Trips. Attached files are individual pages from the booklet for your convenience.